Search This Blog

quote

“After all, hope is a form of planning. If our hopes weren’t already real within us, we couldn’t even hope them.”Gloria Steinem


Saturday, June 27, 2020

Haleiwa Arts Festival 2020 and what i won't be doing this summer

So many gathering will not be possible or healthy to put on this summer.
One of the best outdoor summer events in Hawaii on Oahu island
is the  Haleiwa Art Festival and is a no go i am  very  sad  to say. i 
have set up  for  this juried event for the past  20 years and find it 
a big gap in my life. 
So i will catch up on projects in motion as i usually have a few 
in the works due to my shattered attention and desire to capture 
a bit of a new concept. If you are a friend or past visitor to my colorful booth
and have a request or idea to share, please don't hesitate to email me if you wish 
 So. meanwhile i shall catch up on some books, make salads and ice tea and sit a spell.
i hope you and yours are well and able to navigate the world as we all find each morning.
Gratefully, Sonja

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my, 20 years! That's quite a shift to adjust to. Sad to contemplate. I'm feeling pretty unproductve, but like you, have time to sit a spell. Stay well.

LA Paylor said...

so many losses...
someone said the Houston show was on for this year... imagine having this international petri dish going on in a state where the infection rate rose 111% last week!

This is our new normal... and we don't know how long it will take til we feel safe around others... so sad about your show. It was more than just a show, it was tradition, it was connection, and income for you.
LeeAnna
ps your little haven is so pretty, and I say lucky you! I have to look at my stupid neighbors partying like there's no tomorrow